Our mission is to transform the life chances of our pupils, providing them with the qualification, skills and experience to thrive beyond school. We genuinely balance their academic and social progress, having high expectations for both and we know that we need great staff to make this happen.
If you feel you'd like to become a valued The Rise School employee, see our latest vacancies at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, if you are interested in working at our school but do not see an opportunity that suits then please email your CV to Linda Burn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our latest vacancies as the bottom of this page.
The importance of safeguarding
The Rise School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting including references and an enhanced DBS check.
Teacher training opportunities
As a result of our successful Ofsted inspection The Rise School has been able to join the West London Teaching School Alliance (WLTSA) and we will be recruiting for the ‘School Direct’ PGCE & QTS programmes run in partnership with Mary’s University. We offer opportunities for teacher training through our programmes starting in September 2019 and we are recruiting for trainees in the following subjects: maths and biology. For details of all the WLTSA teacher training programmes, please go to the www.wltsa.org.uk (Initial Teacher Training tab) where you can find a list of all primary and secondary school vacancies, downloadable programme information and how to apply on UCAS.
All queries regarding WLTSA teacher training programmes (including those at The Rise School) should be sent to Alex Dijkhuis at the Teaching School office at Sacred Heart via email to email@example.com.
Staff benefits and rewards
We hugely value the contribution of our staff and we care about their wellbeing and work life balance. The Rise School has a supportive and nurturing work environment with many benefits and rewards for staff:
- We set reasonable deadlines in advance and are mindful about meetings.
- We have a streamlined marking and feedback policy and “data drops” three times per year.
- We have a popular Staff Secret Buddy scheme and invest in Friday wellbeing sessions. Previous sessions have included knitting, fitness, running, dance, cooking, relaxation and art.
- Employees are enrolled on the Perkbox rewards scheme, in which you can access a wide range of benefits such as free mobile insurance, reduced price cinema tickets and discounts on a wide range of restaurants and shops.
- Access to a pension scheme (including Local Government Pension Scheme and Teacher’s pension).
We are school that invests hugely in staff development and have a wide range of development opportunities including:
- A “say yes” approach to most requests for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) actively source and share relevant CPD opportunities with staff.
- Access to regular coaching from a qualified external coach.
- A self-directed approach for some training slots where you can design your own programme of CPD from a “menu” of opportunities which include: online courses, workshops and use of our well stocked library – of which recommendations for new purchases are always welcome.
- Access to valuable CPD for all staff in all roles: including First Aid qualifications, School-Wide Positive Behaviour Support coaches and Mental Health First Aid qualifications.
We also have a talent-spotting culture to identify and support teacher training opportunities. We have recently supported five members of staff (the majority of whom were previously Teaching Assistants) to achieve Qualified Teacher Staff status and have three staff currently training.
We currently do not have any vacancies at the school, keep checking this page for any new postings.